how does micro-needling work?
- Acu-microneedling is done with a top of the line premium class 2 medical device that oscillates vs. vibrating/cheaper devices.
- Creates micro-channels in the skin. When those channels are created, the skin's own repair response is to start increasing blood flow and to produce collagen and elastin to heal this "injury". This, in turn, makes your skin tighter and smoother skin.
- Unlike microdermabrasion, which removes layers of skin, micro needling creates channels in the skin for products to be absorbed and collagen/elastin to be produced.
- Simply put, micro-needling is the insertion of very fine, thin needles into the skin for the purpose of skin rejuvenation.
micro-needling vs nano-needling
- Prep face with 4% numbing cream, if desired (the treatment is very shallow, gentle & painless).
- Cleanse face of numbing cream and makeup
- Apply Hyaluronic Acid to skin to act as a gliding gel for the micro-needling device and to increase hydration of skin.
- Micro-needle the entire face and neck at a depth of 0.5mm. A "sparrow technique" my also be used on scars or pigments with a deeper treatment
- Switch to a nano-needle to treat under eye area and lips.
- After micro/nano-needling, a customized Chinese Botanical Serum will be applied to the skin and an Aloe Face Mask will be placed for 10 minutes
- Patient is sent home with Topical Hyaluronic Acid & TCM serum to apply throughout the rest of that day