how does micro-needling work?
- Acu-microneedling is done with a top of the line premium class 2 medical device that oscillates vs. vibrating/cheaper devices.
- Creates micro-channels in the skin. When those channels are created, the skin's own repair response is to start increasing blood flow and to produce collagen and elastin to heal this "injury". This, in turn, makes your skin tighter and smoother skin.
- Unlike microdermabrasion, which removes layers of skin, micro needling creates channels in the skin for products to be absorbed and collagen/elastin to be produced.
- Simply put, micro-needling is the insertion of very fine, thin needles into the skin for the purpose of skin rejuvenation.
- Treats wrinkles, age spots, scars, skin tone and acne
- Results seen days after treatment. Skin should glow and feel tighter.
- Maximum results are shown when patients do 4-6 treatments at a shallow treatment depth of 0.5mm. These are gentle, painless treatments.
- Increases absorption & utilization of nutrients in the topical serums by 3000%.
- We use all holistic herbal topicals. Apple stem cells are shown in studies to promote facial stem cell rejuvenation by over 80%. Hyaluronic Acid, used with micro needling, holds 1000 times its weight in water. This allows for deep hydration, nourishment and rejuvenation.
- Treatments are spaced 1 month apart
- Appointment time span: 30 minutes
- Cost: $185/treatment or $99 as an add on to an existing acupuncture appointment
- You can pick up 4% numbing cream the day before, if a deeper treatement is desired. A normal treatment is shallow generally painless
- Cleanse face of makeup
- Apply Hyaluronic Acid to skin to act as a gliding gel for the micro-needling device and to increase hydration of skin.
- Micro-needle the entire face and neck at a depth of 0.5 - 2.5 mm. A "sparrow technique" my also be used on scars or pigments with a deeper treatment
- < .5 mm depth to treat under eye area and lips.
- After micro-needling, a Aloe/Hyaluronic Acid/Chinese Herbal Serum will be applied
- Patient is sent home with Topical Hyaluronic Acid & TCM serum to apply throughout the rest of that day
- Cosmetic Acupuncture Needles inserted and retained for 30 minutes if desired
- $185 cash rate or $99 as an add-on to an existing acupuncture appointment
- If we are concurrently treating an insurance reimbursable condition, we may be able to bill your insurance for a portion of the cost of the visit. Please inquire with our front desk.